Written by: Puneet agrawal
Let’s be honest. Even though we live in a crazy world, most part of our days— and by extension, our lives— are dominated by monotony and a lack of excitement.
So it is unsurprising that we turn to fiction for that often unavailable sense of inspiration, rush and elation. In fiction, we get to enjoy the intense
drama and state change which would probably overwhelm us when happening in real life. It is like a breath of fresh air, but for your mind. Or perhaps,
experiencing thrill in a safe environment. Roller-coaster?
Well, if any form of fiction can be compared to a roller-coaster, is would surely be the genre of Fantasy. The world of fantasy, where anything is possible:
flying broomsticks, sentient dragons, dragon riders, magical rings, magical schools, magical kingdoms, tall bearded wizards, soldier alchemists, tranquil
elves, fierce dwarves, clever djinns, cunning spirits, even resurrected monsters; you name it.
On Sunday, February 26th, join us to explore these wonderful worlds that are wholly incomparable from our own.
Works that would be discussed, include:
1. Inheritance (Eragon) Series by Christopher Paolini
2. The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein
3. Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan
4. Malazan by Steven Erikson
5. Stormlight Archive & Misborn Series by Brandon Sanderson
6. The Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
7. King Killer Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss
8. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll
9. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
10. Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis
11. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
12. Bartimaeus Series by Jonathan Stroud
13. Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
14. Tales of the Alvin Maker by Orson Scott Card
15. His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman
16. Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi
17. Percy Jackson Series by Rick Rodian
18. Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga)
19. Attack on Titan (Manga)